Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Day #1: Arrival

And So The Journey Begins...

So I have finally arrived in Barcelona.  I left late Tuesday night with Blumenthal and Feiger and am now in love with British Airways. Big seats, two meals plus snacks, free wine, and a personal TV with on demand TV, music, and movies.  After about an 8 hour flight we all jumped on a connecting flight in London and shortly after landed in Barcelona.  I was extremely excited even though I failed to collect $1000 if I would have been able to join the mile high club by the time we arrived.  It finally hit me that I am here and I could not believe it.  When we collected our luggage, we had to wait to get our keys and check in with IES and this took quite a while because there was very little organization.  While waiting, I actually met one of my roommate Brian and could get the sense that he was a real good guy.   Finally, after we finished checkking in, we grabbed a cab and headed to our apartment.

The ride from the airport was cool cause I got to see a little bit of the city, but when the driver tried speaking with us I was lost, and had Feiger handle it.  I got to my apartment, and while it is not what I imagined, it is very nice.  I now live with 3 other guys from Colgate, Penn State, and Davidson, as well as Ben who I share a room with.  We also have an RA, Nicholas, who lives with us and seems pretty chill.  He soon informed us that we have a strip club next to our apartment and possibly a couple brothels in the near area.  Good to know for when I have some free time.  We also learned a few more key tips about Barcelona, especially how to avoid letting prostitutes steal your wallet.  After getting settled and talking with each other, we decided to go grab dinner and pick up some alcohol.

We enjoyed a relaxing and very cultural meal at a place called Pipers Tavern, and then headed back to the apartment and just chilled there for the night.  I also received a text from Glusker(finally), but could not talk to him because I need to get a new phone over here.  Everything seems to be off to a good start and I cannot wait for this semester.  Stay tuned for pictures, videos, and ridiculous stories.

1 comment:

  1. the blog is already off to a great start. haha. cant wait to hear more.
    we have to hang out soon!!

    ReplyDelete